Tips to Know Before Painting Your House
Although painting a house is usually challenging and burdensome for the homeowners, it is an important thing for the interior cleanliness and spaciousness of the house. However, it is one of the cheapest ways to improve the look of your home without spending too much.
You can change the dramatic mood of your living spaces with paint colors. With a wall paint change, you can add a completely different atmosphere to your home. You can use eye-catching colors or soft calming hues. Either way, it is one of the easiest and most affordable tools in the interior design world. However, before you start painting, there are a few things you should know that will make your job much easier. After reading our article, painting your house may become easier and more enjoyable.
Preparing a room to paint!
Before you start painting the room, you need to create space for movement. First, gather the large furniture in the middle of the room and cover it with a large plastic wrap to prevent paint dripping or wrap it nicely with cling film available from the hardware store.
Move items on and around walls. You can prevent the paint from being damaged.
- Cover all parts of the socket, window edge, marble and similar wall-related parts with gelatin.
- Keep curtains, tulle, sunshades and drapes away from the surrounding area. You can store it in an item such as a scrap.
- You can fold the carpets in the form of rolls and transfer them to another room by applying the stretch process.
- Wrap upholstery, armchairs, furniture or important items in fabrics or cover them well.
- Before using paint on the wall, always check whether the wall is dusty, dirty or damp.
- Fix the holes, cracks and pale color parts on the walls by applying plaster.
- Wipe the dirty parts with dish soap and water and make sure that the wall is dry before you start painting. Paint will not hold on wet wall.
Paint color test to the room
It is very difficult to determine how a certain color will look on the wall. If you have a color in mind, it’s a good idea to sample it. First of all, you need to determine what kind of effect you want the new room to be painted. Do you want a comfortable and quiet room? If you are dreaming of this, you should choose light colors. If you want a lot of comfort, light yellow tones are ideal. If you are dreaming of a calm environment, light green tones should be preferred. If you are going to choose an energizing color, vibrant color should be your choice. What you have to do for what we have mentioned so far is to take the paint catalog in front of you and combine it with a little imagination.
Using the color chart may be a good choice for you. Although the blue color and purple colors are close to each other, it can be useful to make each other more pronounced. Red and green color is another duo that you can use together. If you want the environment to be relaxing, you can choose one color and its tones without using too many colors in your color preference.
Observing the color you have chosen day and night, wait for the paint to dry. This will give you an idea of how the color will look on the wall.
If you are not sure about the color, take a few swatches and do the same. You can get ideas about how it is standing by getting help from your friends.